Philip Shull worked for 30 years as an Agricultural Attachein the U.S. Department of Agriculture, retiring as one of its highest-ranking diplomats. His posts included China, Argentina, Philippines, and Korea, and Washington. He worked with hundreds of companies covering virtually all food and agricultural products. Since 2016 Mr. Shull has consulted in international agriculture and trade.
Experience / Specialties:
- Led trade negotiations and other market access initiatives for dairy, biotech, packaged foods, meat, genetics, etc.
- Evaluated and consulted on strategic plans for USDA-funded cooperators, designed strategic plans for all USDA overseas offices.
- Performed commodity and market analysis on dozens of products in countries where I served.
- Planned and Implemented dozens of promotion activities to expand and build markets for U.S. food/agricultural products.
- Conceived, implemented, and evaluated capacity building and technical exchange programs on topics ranging from dairy to cold chain to inspection and food safety.
Education & Certification